FileCat premium

Sleepy John Estes - Goin' To Brownsville (1998) [Chicago Blues, Country Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Sleepy John Estes - Goin' To Brownsville (1998) [Chicago Blues, Country Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 16 Mar 2022, 14:48

Artist: Sleepy John Estes
Album: Goin' To Brownsville
Genre: Chicago Blues, Country Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 1998
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Run Around
  2. Lost My Eyesight
  3. It Was A Dream
  4. Try Him And See
  5. Divin' Duck
  6. Street Car Blues
  7. Sloppy Drunk Blues
  8. I'm Goin' Home
  9. Floating Bridge
  10. Rats In My Kitchen
  11. Vernita's Blues
  12. Someday Baby
  13. Freedom Loan
  14. Bye And Bye When The Morning Comes
  15. Working Man's Blues
  16. Bring Me My .38 Pistol
  17. Married Woman Blues
  18. Sweet Sugar Mama
  19. Stop That Thing
  20. In My Father's House
  21. Goin' To Brownsville
  22. Sleepy John Estes Interviewed By Pete Welding

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Sleepy John Estes never really changed or altered his style during the 50-year period he recorded. The records he made for Victor in the 1920s didn't sound much different than the ones he made in the late 1960s and 1970s for various collector's labels. This collection features 21 previously unissued solo performances from 1962 capped with a lengthy interview with Sleepy John conducted by producer Pete Welding. Estes is in fine form throughout, particularly effective on "Lost My Eyesight," "Run Around," "Floating Bridge," "Vernita's Blues" and Big Bill Broonzy's "It Was a Dream." In the 18-minute interview that closes this disc, Estes discusses making records for Decca, Victor and other labels, coming to Chicago and losing his eyesight. Compelling music and even more compelling conversation, all of it loaded with realism and ambience galore.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”