FileCat premium

Robert Pete Williams - Long Ol' Way From Home (2004) [Louisiana Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Robert Pete Williams - Long Ol' Way From Home (2004) [Louisiana Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 21 Mar 2022, 13:54

Artist: Robert Pete Williams
Album: Long Ol' Way From Home
Genre: Louisiana Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 2004
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. It's So Cold In Chicago
  2. Bye, Bye, Bye
  3. Greyhound Bus Blues
  4. Louise
  5. Freight Train Blues
  6. Lord, I'm Going Back Home Soon
  7. Kazoo Blues
  8. Jessie James
  9. Feel Like Blowing My Horn
  10. Motherless Child
  11. Ugly Man Blues
  12. Lonesome Blues
  13. I Just Can't Stand It No More
  14. My Mother Prayed In The World One Day
  15. Poor Boy Long Ol' Way From Home

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Among the last of the great old country-blues players discovered in the 1960s, Robert Pete Williams was easily the most unique. His ragged griot approach to the blues paid little attention to standard rhymes or blues forms, allowing him to spin personalized stories of tremendous emotional power, even when he was working off of traditional pieces like "Motherless Child" or "Poor Boy Long Ways From Home." The recordings collected here were taped by Norman Dayron at concerts Williams gave at the University of Chicago and Lake Forest College in early 1965, and they show a masterful performer at the top of his game, playing flawless acoustic guitar and singing like a man who is assured he has something to say, and that he'll be heard saying it. Songs like "Bye, Bye Baby," "Lord, I'm Going Back Home Blues," and "My Mother Prayed in the World One Day" have a quiet power and intimacy that move them past the dim-lit world of blues history and into the hushed silence of a modern concert hall. The immediacy of Williams' performances here are so compelling that even a novelty number, the goofy "Kazoo Blues," featuring a true blues kazoo (you'll understand when you hear it), seems to reverberate with poignant vitality. Williams put so much heart into his work that there are really no bad albums out there under his name, but this one is special. Well-recorded, and with a intimate tone that is perfect for Williams and his material, Long Ol' Way From Home should not be missed.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”