FileCat premium

Reverend Gary - Davis Say No To The Devil (1962) [Harmonica Blues, East Coast Blues, Country Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Reverend Gary - Davis Say No To The Devil (1962) [Harmonica Blues, East Coast Blues, Country Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 23 Mar 2022, 12:01

Artist: Reverend Gary
Album: Davis Say No To The Devil
Genre: Harmonica Blues, East Coast Blues, Country Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 1962
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Say No To The Devil
  2. Time Is Drawing Near
  3. Hold To God's Unchanging Hand
  4. Bad Company Brought Me Here
  5. I Decided To Go Down
  6. Lord, I Looked Down The Road
  7. Little Bitty Blues
  8. No One Can Do Me Like Jesus
  9. Lost Boy In The Wilderness
  10. Tryin' To Get To Heaven In Due Time

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

His second Prestige album of 1961 shows the Rev. Gary Davis not breaking stride for a second, even in the wake of the triumphant A Little More Faith. The repertory here is perhaps a little more traditional gospel in orientation, and the songs more cautionary in nature but that doesn't stop Davis from displaying some overpowering dexterity, and if anything his singing is even more exuberant here. And this time out, in addition to his six-string guitar, he treats us to his powerful 12-string playing on "Time Is Drawing Near" and "Lost Boy In The Wilderness," the latter a shimmering five-minute showcase for the instrument that's almost worth the price of admission by itself; and he also shows off his considerable harmonica dexterity of a distinctly old-school style on "Hold To God's Unchanging Hand" and "No One Can Do Me Like Jesus." The stereo mix on this album, when compared to its predecessor, is also a bit more naturalistic, without sacrificing any detail in the finely nuanced playing or singing, and the result is an album as fine as its predecessor, and an equally worthy part of any serious acoustic blues collection.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”