FileCat premium

Doug MacLeod - Come to Find (1994) [Harmonica Blues, Delta Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Doug MacLeod - Come to Find (1994) [Harmonica Blues, Delta Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 28 Mar 2022, 12:34

Artist: Doug MacLeod
Album: Come to Find
Genre: Harmonica Blues, Delta Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 1994
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
  1. Bring it On Home
  2. Since I Left St. Louis
  3. Mystery Woman
  4. Come to Find
  5. Old Virginia Stomp
  6. Masters Plan
  7. Ain't No Grave
  8. Run With the Devil
  9. Lost Something This Morning
  10. Rollin' & Tumblin'
  11. Any Port in a Storm
  12. When I Left Missouri

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The sparseness of the arrangements make this album admirable and draw even more attention to the music both overall and in its subtleties. It showcases brilliantly Bill Stuve's upright bass work, and for Jimi Bott, how unusually placed but effective drumbeats prove him a blues drummer deserving greater recognition. "Since I Left St. Louis" has MacLeod reflecting on his early adult years of fast life, women, and drinking, and the lessons painfully learned from those experiences. The title track is a realization that making the most out of life is better than a life of abuse, whether it be child abuse, substance abuse, or any other kind. Always a master on the harmonica, Charlie Musselwhite blows on Willie Dixon's "Bring It On Home" and the MacLeod-penned "Lost Something This Morning." A great example of Piedmont-style blues is illustrated in "Old Virginia Stomp," dedicated to mentor Ernest Banks. Backup singers Black Cherry round the album out with the uplifting gospel feel of "Ain't No Grave," which tells of the triumph of the afterlife over death.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”