FileCat premium

The Spinners - The Original Spinners (1967) [R&B, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

The Spinners - The Original Spinners (1967) [R&B, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 29 Mar 2022, 14:33

Artist: The Spinners
Album: The Original Spinners
Genre: R&B, Soul
Label: UNI/MOTOWN
Released: 1967
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. That's What Girls Are Made For
  2. I'll Always Love You (Single Version)
  3. Truly Yours (Single Version)
  4. For All We Know
  5. It Hurts To Be In Love
  6. Tomorrow May Never Come
  7. Sweet Thing (Single Version)
  8. I Cross My Heart
  9. Where Is That Girl (Album Version)
  10. Like A Good Man Should
  11. How Can I
  12. I Just Can't Help But Feel The Pain

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This was the Spinners' first album. They previously recorded for Harvey & Gwen Fuqua's Tri-Phi label but only released a handful of singles, and no LPs, from May 1961 to December 1962. The confusing title leads you to believe that the guys had been around the recording scene much longer. Bobbie Smith, Henry Fambrough, Billy Henderson, Pervis Jackson, and Chico Edwards were the original Spinners. This LP is a collection of Spinners Motown singles and flips augmented by a few new tracks; unfortunately, none of the Tri-Phi sides are present. Bobby Smith leads every cut, he's the lead on "I'll Be Around," the groups' first Atlantic hit. Motown producers were not fond of Smith's leads, surmising that his second tenor was too weak to sell a song. Light voice or not, he sounded glorious on the right material, especially "That's What Girls Are Made For." Single releases "I'll Always Love You" and "Truly Yours" were classic Motown concoctions, with witty lyrics, pounding beats, and arresting vocals; "Where Is That Girl," the flip of "Truly," would have done well as an A-side, as the guys never sounded better than they did on this lamenting ballad. A good update of "For All We Know" sounds delicious and made a wee bit of noise as a 45; likewise for "Sweet Thing," where Bobby Smith's vocal is awash in sentiment and unabashed romanticism. The fastest song here is "I Just Can't Help But Feel the Pain," an uptempo saga that features the high end of the Spinners' harmony. Grab this one if you can find it; for many, these are the real Spinners.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”