FileCat premium

Bob Brookmeyer & Netherlands Metropole Orchestra - Out of This World (1998) [Cool, Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Bob Brookmeyer & Netherlands Metropole Orchestra - Out of This World (1998) [Cool, Post-Bop]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 13 Apr 2022, 13:51

Artist: Bob Brookmeyer & Netherlands Metropole Orchestr
Album: Out of This World
Genre: Cool, Post-Bop, Big Band
Label: Koch Jazz
Released: 1998
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. I Get a Kick Out of You (Porter) - 5:00
  2. Some Day My Prince Will Come (Morey-Churchill) - 5:12
  3. Morning Glory (Ellington) - 6:03
  4. Polkadots and Moonbeams (Van Heusen) - 5:58
  5. Out of This World (Arlen) - 4:11
  6. Summertime (Gershwin) - 6:04
  7. Some One to Watch over Me (Gershwin) - 6:20
  8. Just One of Those Things (Porter) - 3:35
  9. The Best Things in Life Are Free (DeSylva-Brown) - 3:59
  10. She's Funny That Way (Moret) - 7:56

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In addition to his talents as a valve trombone soloist, Bob Brookmeyer is a very advanced arranger whose charts often show off the influence of modern classical music. However, on this CD with the Netherlands Metropole Orchestra (a huge ensemble that includes a big band and a full string section), none of the arrangements are his; instead, the rather predictable charts were written by Rob Pronk, Jerry van Rooyen, Lex Jasper, Henk Meutgeert and Rik Elings. The focus throughout is on Brookmeyer's valve trombone. He plays quite well -- in prime form, actually, although one misses the interplay he might have had with another competing voice. The highlights include "I Get a Kick Out of You," Duke Ellington's rarely performed "Morning Glory," "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "The Best Things In Life Are Free" (which has the most adventurous arrangement). Mostly this is a melodic and ballad-oriented program, a bit sleepy but with some fine subtle creativity from Brookmeyer. The recording dates listed above are approximate since they are not included in the liner notes.
Review by Scott Yanow

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”