FileCat premium

Kokomo Arnold - The Kokomo Arnold Collection 1930-38 (2020) [Blues, Acoustic Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

CountryBlues

Kokomo Arnold - The Kokomo Arnold Collection 1930-38 (2020) [Blues, Acoustic Blues]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby CountryBlues » 02 May 2022, 11:59

Artist: Kokomo Arnold
Album: The Kokomo Arnold Collection 1930-38
Genre: Blues, Acoustic Blues
Origin: USA
Released: 2020
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Paddlin' Blues
  2. Milk Cow Blues
  3. Old Original Kokomo Blues
  4. Sagefield Woman Blues
  5. Back To The Woods
  6. Sissy Man Blues
  7. Old Black Cat Blues (Jinx Blues)
  8. Milk Cow Blues No.2
  9. Black Money Blues
  10. How Long, How Long Blues
  11. The Twelves (The Dirty Dozen)
  12. Slop Jar Blues
  13. Cause You're Dirty
  14. Milk Cow Blues No.3
  15. Big Leg Mama (John Russel Blues)
  16. Monday Morning Blues
  17. Busy Bootin'
  18. Policy Wheel Blues
  19. Traveling Rambler Blues
  20. Front Door Blues (3220 Blues)
  21. Milk Cow Blues No.4
  22. Down And Out Blues
  23. I Can't Get Enough Of That Stuff
  24. I'll Be Up Some Day

CD 2:
  25. Stop Look And Listen
  26. Let Your Money Talk
  27. Mule Laid Down And Died
  28. Shake That Thing
  29. Running Drunk Again
  30. Mister Charlie
  31. Lonesome Road Blues
  32. Salty Dog
  33. Sister Jane Cross The Hall
  34. Wild Water Blues
  35. Laugh And Grin Blues
  36. Backfence Picket Blues
  37. Black Mattie
  38. Red Beans And Rice
  39. Set Down Gal
  40. Shine On Moon (Shine Shine On)
  41. Head Cuttin' Blues
  42. Neck Bone Blues
  43. Buddie Brown Blues (Rolling Time)
  44. Kid Man Blues
  45. Going Down In Galilee (Swing Along With Me)
  46. Something's Hot
  47. Your Ways And Actions
  48. Bad Luck Blues
  49. My Well Is Dry

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

James “Kokomo” Arnold was a blues singer, songwriter and left–handed slide guitarist from Georgia, who eventually landed up in Chicago where he ran a bootlegging business during the prohibition years of the 1920s. After making a record in Memphis in 1930 under the name of Gitfiddle Jim, he started playing professionally in Chicago when prohibition came to an end in 1933, and began recording for Decca after being introduced to producer Mayo Williams. He recorded regularly in Chicago from 1934 to 1937, sometimes working with pianist Peetie Wheatstraw, and wrote and recorded many songs which proved highly influential in later years. This great-value 49-track 2-CD collection comprises selected A and B sides of the 40 or so solo releases he had during his career, which we trust provides a substantial and representative cross-section of his career output, before he became disillusioned and simply gave up performing and recording when he realised how little he was making from his work. It features his most influential songs, including “Original Kokomo Blues”, the song which gave him his name, and which Robert Johnson adapted as “Sweet Home Chicago”, “Millk Cow Blues”, which Johnson also adapted as “Milkcow Calf’s Blues” and was later recorded by Elvis Presley,, “Sagefield Woman Blues”, which introduced the phrase “dust my broom” into blues parlance, and “Sissy Man Blues”. It’s a fascinating showcase for an artist who had a significant influence during his short career as a recording artist.

Return to “Blues (lossy - mp3)”