FileCat premium

The Undisputed Truth - Higher Than High (1975) [Funk, Disco, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

The Undisputed Truth - Higher Than High (1975) [Funk, Disco, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 17 May 2022, 14:21

Artist: The Undisputed Truth
Album: Higher Than High
Genre: Funk, Disco, Soul
Label: UNI/MOTOWN
Released: 1975
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Higher Than High
  2. Poontang (Album Version)
  3. Life Ain’t So Easy
  4. Boogie Bump Boogie
  5. Help Yourself
  6. I’m In The Red Zone
  7. Overload
  8. I Saw You When You Met Her
  9. Ma

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Higher Than High expands on the spacy vibes first exhibited on Down to Earth, expanded on via Cosmic Truth, and maximized on this, their exit album from the Gordy/Motown family of labels. Members, Joe Harris, Calvin Stevens, Tyrone Berkeley, Tyrone Douglas, and Virginia McDonald bend your mind on a set that's comparable to critically acclaimed Funkadelic albums of the same period. "Life Ain't So Easy," asung by Joe and Virginia, is a haunting ballad about the perils of big city life; "Poontang" probably shocked Berry Gordy Jr. out of his mansion the risqué chorus goes "I used to hate it, til I ate it." "Help Yourself" is the best rocker on the set; this version is different from an earlier version they recorded. And I can't imagine what type of dance you would do to "Boogie Bump Boogie," a psychedelic groover performed at laser speed. "I Saw You When You Met Her" is an eerie ballad about a woman who caught her man cheating; nice, but I like David Ruffin's version off the Me & Rock n Roll are Here to Stay album better. "I'm In the Red Zone" compares sexual frustration to a jonesing junkie. A nice parting shot for the group and Norman Whitfield.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”