FileCat premium

Monica Ramey And The Beegie Adair Trio (2013) [Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Monica Ramey And The Beegie Adair Trio (2013) [Mainstream Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 May 2022, 06:01

Artist: Monica Ramey And The Beegie Adair Trio
Album: Monica Ramey And The Beegie Adair Trio
Genre: Mainstream Jazz
Label: Adair Music Group
Released: 2013
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. As Long As I Live (4:23)
  2. I Thought About You (5:56)
  3. I'll Close My Eyes (with George Tidwell) (6:48)
  4. Witchcraft (4:11)
  5. This Could Be The Start Of Something Big (with Denis Solee) (3:37)
  6. Change Partners (with George Tidwell) (7:48)
  7. Oh! Look At Me Now (4:08)
  8. Lullaby Of The Leaves (with Denis Solee) (5:44)
  9. Fly Away (5:21)
  10. You Fascinate Me So (with Denis Solee) (4:45)
  11. Whisper Not (5:19)
  12. It Amazes Me (5:50)
  13. Will You Still Be Mine? (with George Tidwell & Denis Solee) (3:49)
  14. Why Did I Choose You? (4:54)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Monica Ramey - vo
  • Beegie Adair - p
  • Roger Spencer - b
  • Chris Brown - d
  • George Tidwell - tp, flgn
  • Denis Solee - saxes, fl

The true beauty of any Beegie Adair recording is that it will be straight down the middle mainstream jazz. It is money in the bank. Adair's 50-year career has found her leading her jazz trio, writing advertising jingles and accompanying vocalists, as she does on the present Monica Ramey and the Beegie Adair Trio. Ramey, a native of the midwest, take a predictably conservative approach to the Great American Songbook. Her doing so does us the favor of reminding us of jazz's most sturdy and enduring legacies, the assimilation and transformation of Tin Pan Alley and Show Tunes into the fabric of the American music vernacular.

Ramey and Adair together create a certain low-key synergy, something like the momentum achieved when a large object starts to move. That large object is the repertoire and the singer and pianist have launched it against a zero coefficient of friction making the music seem to float regardless of its historic baggage. The tempi are breezy to brisk and the arrangements are dependable. The additions of trumpeter George Tidwell and saxophonist Denis Solee are well placed in the overall scheme of the recording. This is a very able recording to remind us of the simple pleasure of cocktail hour jazz: not too demanding and superbly played.
By C. Michael Bailey

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”