FileCat premium

Dennis Edwards - Don't Look Any Further (Expanded Edition) (1984) [R&B, Soul, Disco]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Dennis Edwards - Don't Look Any Further (Expanded Edition) (1984) [R&B, Soul, Disco]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 30 Jun 2022, 11:28

Artist: Dennis Edwards
Album: Don't Look Any Further (Expanded Edition)
Genre: R&B, Soul, Disco
Label: UNI/MOTOWN
Released: 1984
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. I'm Up For You
  2. Don't Look Any Further (Single Version)
  3. (You're My) Aphrodisiac
  4. Can't Fight It
  5. Another Place In Time
  6. Shake Hands (Come Out Dancin')
  7. I Thought I Could Handle It
  8. Just Like You
  9. Let's Go Up
  10. Don't Look Any Further (Original 12” M+M Mix)
  11. (You're My) Aphrodisiac (Single Version)
  12. Don't Look Any Further (U.K. 12" Mix)
  13. Don't Look Any Further (U.K. 12” Instrumental Mix)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Don't Look Any Further is the first released solo album from Dennis Edwards, the sometime Temptations lead vocalist. Edwards first made a solo recording in 1977, but had nothing to show for it but an unreleased album. He returned stronger than ever, but then again left in the middle of the sessions for Back to Basics. For Don't Look Any Further, Edwards teamed with producer Dennis Lambert, who was behind the boards for 1983's Temptations effort Surface Thrills. This effort skillfully merged the loveman persona reminiscent of Teddy Pendergrass with the confident early-'80s Al Jarreau-style pop. With Edwards in great voice and spirits, Don't Look Any Further is a thoroughly enjoyable listen. The big hit here, the reggae-tinged title track, was supposed to be a duet with Chaka Khan. Siedah Garrett, who did the demo, appears instead and displays great chemistry with Edwards. The slow-burning "(You're My) Aphrodisiac" soon has Edwards screaming the paint off the walls. What's remarkable about Don't Look Any Further is how is continues to succeed in light of potentially album-stalling premises and sometime so-so production. The breakdancing-ready style of "Shake Hands (Come Out Dancing)" suits Edwards' bluster quite well. The album's biggest surprise, the sweet ballad "Just Like You" has Edwards singing with surprising emotion. Don't Look Any Further presents Edwards as a potent solo act and displays the depth and subtlety inherent in his best work.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”