FileCat premium

The Temptations - Truly For You (1984) [Soul, Funk, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

The Temptations - Truly For You (1984) [Soul, Funk, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 04 Jul 2022, 10:33

Artist: The Temptations
Album: Truly For You
Genre: Soul, Funk, R&B
Label: UNI - MOTOWN
Released: 1984
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Running
  2. Treat Her Like A Lady (Album Version)
  3. How Can You Say That It's Over
  4. My Love Is True (Truly For You) (Album Version)
  5. Memories
  6. Just To Keep You In My Life
  7. Set Your Love Right
  8. I'll Keep My Light In My Window

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The album that preceded this one (Back to Basics) introduced the group's new falsetto lead, Ron Tyson, who is also a remarkable tenor. To fill the departure of Dennis Edwards, this release introduces the electrifying vocals of Ali Ollie Woodson. As talented, competitive and competent as Edwards is, Woodson's sound is not only refreshing to fans of the Tempts, but to the music industry overall. The smash hit on this release was "Treat Her Like a Lady," a soulful, dance composition that entails some dazzling backgrounds led by Woodson's fiery approach to the melody and the ligthnening squeal of his trademark falsetto. The single was treated very well by the Billboard R&B charts, peaking at number two for two consecutive weeks after 21 thriving weeks. The title track, "Truly for You," retains much of that Temptations magic with its affectionate harp-like guitar rhythms, a romantic confession conveyed in a sincere tone and Ron Tyson's agile, flowing vocals that express the lyrics with honesty and grace. The single made its mark at number 14 on the Billboard R&B charts inside of 13 weeks.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”