FileCat premium

Bert Kaempfert - Bert Kaempfert In London (2003) [Jazz-Pop, Easy Listening]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Bert Kaempfert - Bert Kaempfert In London (2003) [Jazz-Pop, Easy Listening]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 16 Jul 2022, 15:34

Artist: Bert Kaempfert
Album: Bert Kaempfert In London
Genre: Jazz-Pop, Easy Listening
Label: Polydor
Released: 2003
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Medley: Mexican Market Day / Gentleman Jim / Mexican Road / Happy Trumpeter (7:55)
  2. Bye Bye Blues (3:02)
  3. Never My Love (3:17)
  4. A Song For Satch (3:54)
  5. Wonderland By Night (3:49)
  6. That Happy Feeling (3:19)
  7. Strangers In The Night (3:57)
  8. All I Ever Need Is You (3:12)
  9. Blue Midnight (3:29)
  10. Three O'Clock In The Morning (3:02)
  11. Tahitian Sunset (3:06)
  12. Afrikaan Beat (2:49)
  13. Sweet Caroline (4:02)

CD 2:
  1. Take The “A” Train (3:50)
  2. I Cover The Waterfront (3:57)
  3. Let Me Be There (3:21)
  4. Melancholy Serenade (2:44)
  5. Tuxedo Junction (3:49)
  6. L.O.V.E. (2:46)
  7. A Swingin' Safari (3:33)
  8. Red Roses For A Blue Lady (2:43)
  9. Over The Rainbow (3:38)
  10. Skyliner (4:17)
  11. Moon Over Naples (Spanish Eyes) (3:21)
  12. Danke Schoen (3:48)
  13. The Good Life (Marina) (3:19)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

On April 22, 1974, Bert Kaempfert went on stage with his great Orchestra for the first time in the venerable Royal Albert Hall in London, and gave two live concerts on the same day. Following a spectacular introduction, he greeted the audience with a simple “Good evening”. With his reserved, charming manner and his slightly faltering commentaries in English with American accent he won the hearts of the audience, who nevertheless immediately saw that Bert Kaempfert was a musician through and through. After just a few bars, he managed to fill the normally cool English audience with enthusiasm in both performances. The 7,000 people at each concert were enraptured, even in the boxes occupied by the aristocracy and prominent figures, where the ladies and gentleman normally only used to clap discreetly, there was lively applause that evening. Both performances were an unprecedented success.

Shortly afterwards, Polydor released the LP LIVE IN LONDON, including 12 songs from the concert. Due to other productions with Bert Kaempfert and his Orchestra in the years that followed, the second LP LIVE IN LONDON VOL. 2 that was planned at the time was subsequently forgotten. The complete recording of the concert lay unedited in the archive of tapes. On the occasion of Bert Kaempfert’s eightieth birthday, this legendary concert will be released in its entire length on this double CD by Polydor.

The sound engineer Peter Klemt went back to the sound mixer for the extensive editing of the tapes, since no-one knows the typical Kaempfert sound as well as the man who, together with Kaempfert himself, mixed down all his productions for over twenty years and was also there at the time in London in 1974.

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”