FileCat premium

Stan Getz - Cool Velvet And Voices (1995) [Cool, Post-Bop]; FLAC (image+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Stan Getz - Cool Velvet And Voices (1995) [Cool, Post-Bop]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 21 Jul 2022, 06:10

Artist: Stan Getz
Album: Cool Velvet And Voices
Genre: Cool, Post-Bop
Label: Verve Records
Released: 1995
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
    Cool Velvet
  1. The Thrill Is Gone 5:00
  2. It Never Entered My Mind 4:04
  3. Early Autumn 4:42
  4. When I Go, I Go All The Way 3:57
  5. A New Town Is A Blue Town 2:39
  6. 'Round Midnight 3:10
  7. Born To Be Blue 3:51
  8. Whisper Not 5:01
  9. Good-Bye 4:23
  10. Nature Boy 2:59
    Voices
  11. Once 2:47
  12. I Didn't KLnow What Time It Was 3:25
  13. Nica's Dream 3:54
  14. (Little Rio) Un Poco Rio 2:27
  15. Keep Me In Your Heart (Chiedilo A Chi Vuoi) 3:58
  16. Zigeuner Song 3:06
  17. Barbara's Theme (Aka "I Want To Live") 2:54
  18. Where Flamingos Fly 3:06
  19. Midnight Samba 2:10
  20. Infinidad 2:09
  21. Darling Joe 2:45

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In another generous release from Verve Records, Stan Getz fans are treated to two of the legendary saxophonist's best albums on one digitally remastered CD: "Cool Velvet," an album with strings, and "Voices," an excitingly experimental project featuring backup singers. Getz's grace and beauty of tone have rarely been as evident as they are on the "Cool Velvet" tracks; ballads like "The Thrill is Gone," "It Never Entered My Mind," and "Born to Be Blue" will leave no doubt in any listener's mind as to the level of his artistry. "Early Autumn" and "Round Midnight" get stunning renditions, and "Whisper Not" picks up the pace ever so slightly, and the combination of Getz, vibraphone, and strings over the tune's catchy melody make for one of the most memorable moments in Stan's career.

"Voices" is another chance for Getz fans to indulge in his love of Bossa Nova; with the exception of a gorgeous, drowsily-swinging "I Didn't Know What Time it Was," every track gets a sensuous, Brazilian-influenced arrangement. What sets the project apart from others, however, is the inclusion of background singers; "ooh"s and "aah"s sing the parts that would more commonly be assigned to violins, and the idea works surprisingly well, providing a near-ethereal effect. The musical arrangements are simply perfect throughout, and the strongest work lies in the uptempo "Nica's Dream" and the silky ballad "Infinidad."

The end results simply cannot be beat: two albums, two distinct artistic approaches of a jazz legend, a top-notch remastering job, and extensive liner notes...all on one disc at a reasonable price. No fan of instrumental jazz could ask for more.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”