FileCat premium

Gabi Novak - Pjesma je moj zivot (2002) [Smooth Jazz, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Gabi Novak - Pjesma je moj zivot (2002) [Smooth Jazz, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 23 Jul 2022, 13:14

Artist: Gabi Novak
Album: Pjesma je moj zivot
Genre: Smooth Jazz, Vocal Jazz
Label: Aquarius Records
Released: 2002
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Ni ti, ni ja
  2. Za mene je sreća (feat. Maja Vučić)
  3. Netko bdije nada mnom / Someone to Watch Over Me
  4. Pjesma je bila život moj
  5. Slavit ćemo sami (feat. Arsen Dedić)
  6. Kuća za ptice
  7. Karavan / Caravan
  8. U registraturi (instrumental)
  9. Pusti me da spavam
  10. Sve što znaš o meni

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Gabi Novak - vocal (1-6, 8-10)
  • Maja Vučić - vocal (2)
  • Arsen Dedić - vocal (5)
  • Matija Dedić - piano (1-8, 10), keyboard (2, 3, 6, 9)
  • Saša Nestorović - tenor saxophone (1)
  • Miro Kadoić - tenor saxophone (4, 7), flute (7)
  • Marko Križan - soprano saxophone (5)
  • Ante Gelo - guitar (2)
  • Freddie J. Cooper - guitar (5)
  • Davor Križić - trumpet (4, 6)
  • Mladen Beraković - double bass (1-5, 7-9)
  • Krunoslav Levačić - drums (1, 4, 7-9)
  • Jadran Dučić - Ćićo - drums (2, 5)
  • Mio Stavros - dums (3)

Gently nudged back in the recording studio 17 years after her last studio album - her husband and now grown-up son apparently convinced her that she still has something to say, even at this late point in the game - veteran pop singer decidedly avoids any meddling in a new pop trends and re-visits her early beginnings when she was singing jazz music. The idea was perhaps "Gabi sings Arsen" though this was ultimately abandoned for a different approach, in any case the resulting album came as a huge surprise not only because it sounded so sophisticated, jazzy and elegant but also because it showed what a wonderful singer the lady still is, after all these years.

The biggest hit was a old hit duet (originally recorded with Radojka Šverko back in 1980.) "Za mene je sreća" with new, young kid Maja Vučić and it sounds different now, where once it has been conversation between two girlfriends, now is all about different points of view between generations. Matija Dedić and his friends surround her with excellent music that never interfere with magical, intimate voice and husband Arsen duets on one title. The best of all, however is when Novak is simply left alone to shine in ballads like "Kuća za ptice" that moves like a warm wave. This really came as a such unexpected treat and a magnificent statement of how to live and age gracefully in a world of music that it came as no surprise that album eventually sold very well, got awarded with all sorts of prestigious awards and earned praise from everywhere - it also reminded audience what a national treasure Novak is, who spent a lifetime creating a soothing and comforting music while living clean life without excesses.

This album was always a warmly welcomed gift to my friends who loved it with no exception - even the language barer could not hide what a lovely music this is. If I want to present something truly beautiful coming from Croatia, this is what I give as a present.

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”