FileCat premium

Tommy Mclain - I Ran Down Every Dream (2022) [Blues, Swamp Pop, Americana]; FLAC (tracks)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Tommy Mclain - I Ran Down Every Dream (2022) [Blues, Swamp Pop, Americana]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 06 Sep 2022, 13:35

Artist: Tommy Mclain
Album: I Ran Down Every Dream
Genre: Blues, Swamp Pop, Americana
Label: Yep Roc Records
Released: 2022
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. No Tomorrows Now (3:08)
  2. I Ran Down Every Dream (3:23)
  3. I Hope (3:47)
  4. Livin' on the Losin' End (2:54)
  5. The Greatest Show on Hurt (3:24)
  6. California (2:55)
  7. That's What Mama Used to Do (3:41)
  8. Somebody (3:29)
  9. My Hidden Heart (3:28)
  10. Stand for Something (2:24)
  11. If You Don't Love Me (3:43)
  12. Before I Grow Too Old (2:48)
  13. London Too (4:57)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

I Ran Down Every Dream is the first album in over four decades by swamp pop legend Tommy McLain. Produced by his musical protege C.C. Adcock, the album features thirteen tracks, including eleven new original songs written or co-written by McLain. I Ran Down Every Dream was recorded in Louisiana, Texas, California, and England, with a similarly disparate group of friends and fans, including Elvis Costello and Nick Lowe (both of whom contribute co-writes), plus Jon Cleary, Denny Freeman, Ed Harcourt, Roy Lowe, Augie Meyers, Ivan Neville, Van Dyke Parks, Mickey Raphael, Steve Riley, Speedy Sparks, Warren Storm and more.

As an album, I Ran Down Every Dream is both a celebration and a requiem. It bookends a career that has seen Tommy scale the upper reaches of the Billboard charts, share the stage with the likes of Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, The Yardbirds and ZZ Top, and become a global ambassador for the swamp pop sound - that singularly affecting combination of rhythm and blues, country and western, gospel, and traditional French Louisiana styles. The album also looks back, with more than a little heartache, in tribute to some of the fellow musical travelers that McLain has lost. Two tracks on the album were written by McLain’s dear friend and Louisiana music royalty Bobby Charles, and it also marks the final sessions for two legendary musicians who died in 2021; Texas guitar slinger Denny Freeman, and Tommy’s close collaborator Warren Storm. For McLain himself, the years-long road to I Ran Down Every Dream was beset by a heart attack, two hurricanes and a house fire. With every obstacle he overcame, McLain's resolve to complete I Ran Down Every Dream grew stronger.

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”