FileCat premium

Sondre Ferstad - Snirkelsongar (2022) [Modern Creative, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Chamber Jazz, Improvised Music, Avant-Garde Crossover
Mike1985
Uploader

Sondre Ferstad - Snirkelsongar (2022) [Modern Creative, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 26 Nov 2022, 17:11

Artist: Sondre Ferstad
Album: Snirkelsongar
Genre: Modern Creative, Contemporary Jazz
Label: Øra Fonogram
Released: 2022
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Snirkelsong (Ferstad-Skjerve) - 2:09
  2. Ventesong (Ferstad-Skjerve) - 3:25
  3. Traskelat I (Ferstad) - 2:45
  4. Koral (Ferstad) - 5:08
  5. Gangsyn (Ferstad-Barlien) - 5:52
  6. Traskelat II (Ferstad) - 1:31
  7. Det gar bra (Ferstad-Barlien) - 2:38
  8. Rotlaus (Ferstad) - 8:54
  9. Tett (Ferstad) - 2:07
  10. Traskelat III (Ferstad) - 1:00
  11. Kveldssong (Ferstad-Skjerve) - 4:37

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Sondre Ferstad - harmonica, vocals
  • Heidi Skjerve - vocals
  • Morten Stai - double bass
  • Vegard Lien Bjerkan - pump organ, percussion

Sondre Ferstad releases his second album in his own name where he continues to treat his chromatic harmonica in his own unique and lyrical way. He has written low-key and twisty songs for pump organ, double bass, vocals and harmonica. The listener's head really gets sharpened on unexpected passages and musical directions. “Snirkelsongar” is an album that challenges the natural harmonic and melodic directions in the music, and allows the listeners to join a journey where both folk melody and church music are strongly representative of the sacred jazz ensemble.

«The songs on the record are built around the wooden pump organ. I love the soft, non-insistent sound. And the sound of squeaking and pedaling. The organ sounds good with the other instruments, and has in common that they sounded good even in low volumes. Playing softly together gives the music a good nerve, I think. I have always liked ambiguity in music; when one thinks that the music is going in one direction, he also turns another way. In my opinion, the Norwegian pianist and composer Christian Wallumrød is a master of ingenious "changes of direction", and a great source of inspiration for me. The songs have therefore been created by letting the melodies take detours and change course, a bit like they're in a maze. One could perhaps get to the point faster, but I like the idea of stretching the ideas and seeing what happens when you take the bumpy road instead of the highway. The lyrics are written by Heidi Skjerve and Maren Barlien. They were created after the melodies were finished, and I think they captured the pulse and voice in the compositions; they are close and lasting. I got my dose of hymn music growing up, something that characterizes my way of writing music. I have become fond of letting meloditone get its own chord. Therefore, some songs, such as "Tett" and "Koral", have been given the expression they have been given. " - Sondre Ferstad

Previously Ferstad has released the album «Minimal», with his own Ensemble, which Tor Hammerø described as "a universe different from everything else". The ensemble has toured at jazz clubs and festivals in Norway, and collaborated and toured with author Lars Saabye Christensen, who has written lyrics for the music.

Return to “Modern Creative, Third Stream (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”