FileCat premium

Club Django Sextet of Toronto - La Gitane (2004) [Swing, Jazz Manouche]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Club Django Sextet of Toronto - La Gitane (2004) [Swing, Jazz Manouche]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Dec 2022, 12:27

Artist: Club Django Sextet of Toronto
Album: La Gitane
Genre: Swing, Jazz Manouche
Released: 2004
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. 280 SE (3:50)
  2. China Boy (3:37)
  3. Exactly Like You (4:34)
  4. Confessin' (4:37)
  5. S'Wonderful (4:16)
  6. I Found a New Baby (4:01)
  7. I Wonder Where... (4:16)
  8. Valse des Niglos (3:07)
  9. Daphné (3:02)
  10. Nuages (5:44)
  11. La Gitane (4:01)
  12. Whispering (3:52)
  13. Limehouse Blues (3:23)
  14. Latcho Drom (6:37)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

A classy entry from one of the best groups involved in the gypsy swing music polished so brilliantly by guitarist Django Reinhardt and violinist Stephane Grappelli, this 14-tune recording shows the benefit of two relatively recent recruits. Russian-born violinist Rodion Boshoer and veteran Gerry Duligal on accordion mean fatter textures and more emotional weight though the playing is never low on furious energy. There are rarer pieces here,like the lovely "Valse des Niglos" and the title piece waltz (La Gitane) neatly arranged by lead guitarist Johnny Farrell, plus a new one "280 SE" that's smooth and fleet. The band, with founderAndré Séguinot and Tony Oldland on rhythm guitars and Abbey Sholzberg handling bass,is up for the occasion, its dashing treatments of "Limehouse Blues" and "Latcho Drom" contrasting with the mellower " I'm Confessin" and "Exactly Like You" - and it's all done with only two Django pieces, "Daphné" and the inevitable "Nuages".
Review by Geoff Chapman

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”