FileCat premium

Eric Reed - Everybody Gets the Blues (2019) [Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Eric Reed - Everybody Gets the Blues (2019) [Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 01 Jan 2023, 19:48

Artist: Eric Reed
Album: Everybody Gets the Blues
Genre: Post-Bop, Contemporary Jazz
Label: Smoke Sessions Records
Released: 2019
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Everybody Gets the Blues (Reed) - 3:49
  2. Cedar Waltzin' (Reed)/Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing (Wonder) - 8:23
  3. Naima (Coltrane) - 5:28
  4. Martha's Prize (Walton) - 7:50
  5. Yesterday (Lennon-McCartney)/Yesterdays (Kern-Harbach) - 6:08
  6. Up Jumped Spring (Hubbard) - 8:49
  7. Dear Bud (Reed) - 5:01
  8. New Morning (Reed) - 9:31
  9. Road Life (Williams) - 4:37

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Eric Reed - piano, Fender Rhodes
  • Tim Green - alto saxophone, soprano saxophone
  • Mike Gurrola - bass
  • McClenty Hunter - drums

Jazz pianist Eric Reed makes his strongest statement yet in a lifelong mission to revitalize the gospel roots of jazz. Joined by a thrilling quartet with Tim Green, Mike Gurrola, and McClenty Hunter, Reed finds inspiration and some unexpected connections in the music of Cedar Walton, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, John Coltrane, Freddie Hubbard while rediscovering the gospel lifeblood that fuels his jazz passion.

It was the sound of gospel that Reed first heard and first played, and that was at the core of his earliest love of jazz. “When I first started playing jazz as a child, my fascination with the music of Horace Silver, Ramsey Lewis, or Dave Brubeck resonated with what I heard growing up in church, listening to piano players like James Cleveland and Herbert Pickard and Curtis Dublin. I said, ‘Wait a minute, this doesn’t sound like the stuff I play in church, but it’s very closely connected. What’s going on here?’”

“For too many years I ignored my own instincts,” the pianist says. “I started out playing different kinds of music with all different kinds of people, but I took a detour. This record is a turning point; it’s finally time to start doing what it is that I want to do.”

Through a range of moods and styles, Eric Reed recognizes that Everybody Gets the Blues, offering a spirited act of communion for those wanting to commiserate and a vigorous set of swing for those who’ve come out the other side.

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”