FileCat premium

Kim Waters - What I Like (2018) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Kim Waters - What I Like (2018) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 18 Jan 2023, 10:47

Artist: Kim Waters
Album: What I Like
Genre: Smooth Jazz
Label: Shanachie
Released: 2018
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. The Touch of Love (4:29)
  2. That's What I Like (4:22)
  3. Walking on Air (4:06)
  4. Sumthin' Sumthin' (4:36)
  5. Yearning for You (4:19)
  6. Pocket Science (4:24)
  7. Voyage to Atlantis (4:14)
  8. Fire and Spice (5:02)
  9. Midnight Magic (4:26)
  10. Swept Away (5:10)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

What I Like is Kim Waters' 23rd recording as a leader and thirteenth CD for Shanachie. You have to let that melt on your tongue. A tremendous creative act. No licked split. Art lived piece by piece.

With the exception of three covers Kim has written all tracks. He produced and performed all instruments on the new album showing his quality as da Vinci of music.

The Touch of Love delivers a bouncy start of the album with warmth and sensitive approach. That's What I Like is a song by singer Bruno Mars, released on his album 24k Magic (2016). A hip hop soul, new jack swing, the song became popular and the 4th best selling single of 2017. Waters accomplishes the interpretation with great skill.

That classic Roland synth sounds are still en vogue one can here on Walking on Air. They make up a large part of the magic of this piece. Sumthin' Sumthin' is a song by singer Maxwell from his album Urban Hang Suite (1996). Kim ensures the captivating nucleus including the vocal part and a funky guitar line.

Yearning for You is another joyful equivalent to paradise. Pocket Science invites the smooth jazz aficionados with grooving rhythm and punchy sax arrangement.

Voyage To Atlantis was released by the Isley Brothers on their album Go for Your Guns (1977). For many of us, who are gone through life, this song has a special meaning. We all have lost a precious person and are suffering under this fact. On Kim's rendition perform Rohn Lawrence on guitar, Chris "Big Dog" Davis on drums and keys and Dawn Tallman sings the background vocals. What remains is a sigh in the wind.

Fire and Spice sees Kim Waters in action giving this theme a breath of freshness. Midnight Magic relies on the sonic effect of overdub in combination with wavering drum programming. Swept Away is the last selection on this album offering sonic flavors in dualism.

What I Like is Kim Waters' personal reflection about his favorites and his own creative situation. Fresh grooves showing Kim's prowess and resourcefulness.
by Hans Bernd Hulsmann

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”