FileCat premium

Kim Waters - That Special Touch (2022) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Kim Waters - That Special Touch (2022) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 18 Jan 2023, 10:50

Artist: Kim Waters
Album: That Special Touch
Genre: Smooth Jazz
Label: Shanachie
Released: 2022
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Joy Dance (4:11)
  2. House Call (4:45)
  3. Easy on Me (feat. Kayla Waters) (4:21)
  4. That Special Touch (5:04)
  5. Get Ur Groove On (3:48)
  6. If I Was Your Man (3:46)
  7. Listen to Your Heart (3:58)
  8. Morning Sunrise (4:19)
  9. Breathless (4:23)
  10. Pathway to Love (4:32)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Kim Water's new album That Special Touch (2022) is his 25th recording and fifteenth CD for the Shanachie label. In contrast to his earlier recordings, he developed his musical ideas not in the studio but on the piano at home like he did on Shakedown. This concept has crystallized as productive.

Kim Waters is evolving into a multi-instrumentalist. He performs almost all instruments, but of course his focus is on the saxophone. Chris Harris plays the guitars, and his daughter Kayla guests on the track Easy On Me. With the exception of two covers, Kim wrote all the tunes himself.

The album opens with the emotional Joy Dance, which musically describes that feeling for which Kim's music stands, joy and love. “I think that everybody needs love. It’s something for certain that in today’s world, we need more of and if we had more of it, the world would be a better place,” explains Waters.

Kim takes it up a notch with House Call. The goal is clear, the song should cause a sensation in clubs.

English singer Adele is known for writing and interpreting particularly heartwarming songs. Her song Easy On Me immediately caught the interest of Kim, who delivers a perfect rendition on the saxophone. Kim fosters a special relationship with his daughter Kayla. Her piano accompaniment reveals her extraordinary talent.

The title song That Special Touch has that Midas radiation immediately finding the attention of the listener. In the tradition of earlier R&B songs, Kim finds the approach to a contemporary interpretation. The drum programming of Get Ur Groove On is strongly reminiscent of the early songs of such formations as Al B Sure, Chuckii Booker or New Edition.

If I Was Your Man of the singer Bruno Mars is the second cover of the album. Kim cleverly uses the popularity of this hit to enrich his album with it. The rendition is featuring singer Raynard Gibson.

Also on his new album Kim follows the proven concept of putting the love relationship in the center of his musical performances. Listen To Your Heart, Breathless or The Pathway To Love are fashionable examples.

Inspired by his fans, Kim Waters has nailed it again with That Special Touch.
by Hans Bernd Hulsmann

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”