FileCat premium

Ithamara Koorax - Serenade in Blue: My Favorite Songs (2000) [Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Latin, Afro-Beat, Afro-Cuban, Klezmer Jazz, Tango Nuevo, Bossa Nova
Mike1985
Uploader

Ithamara Koorax - Serenade in Blue: My Favorite Songs (2000) [Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 23 Feb 2023, 16:06

Artist: Ithamara Koorax
Album: Serenade in Blue: My Favorite Songs
Genre: Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz
Label: Jazz Station Records
Released: 2000
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Cristal (Sperling-Falcao-Moretzsohn) - 3:49
  2. Un homme et une femme (Lai-Barough) - 4:58
  3. Mas que nada (Ben) - 5:47
  4. Serenade in Blue (Warren-Gordon) - 4:26
  5. Moon River (Mancini-Mercer) - 4:05
  6. Samba de verao (Valle-Valle) - 3:33
  7. The Shadow of Your Smile (Mandel-Webster) - 5:48
  8. Bonita (Jobim-Gilbert) - 7:03
  9. Aquarela do Brasil (Barroso) - 4:48
  10. Aranjuez - "Follow me" (Rodrigo-Kretzmer-Shapey) - 4:30
  11. Dio come ti amo (Modugno) - 3:42
  12. Iluminada (Frederic Chopin's Ballad No.1 in G minor) (Chopin-Sperling-Blanc) - 4:41

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The third issue of Brazilian jazz singer Ithamara Koorax's lovely and tempestuous Serenade in Blue: My Favorite Songs is a mark of just what kind of authority she carries as a vocalist and an interpreter of classic material. The album was produced by Arnaldo DeSouteiro and Deodato, and features a venerable -- even legendary -- cast of players, including countrymen Dom Um Romao, Airto, Nelson Ângelo, Marcos Valle, Azymuth, Cuban pianist Gonzalo Rubalcaba, and guitarist Jay Berliner, among others. Koorax's selection of material is as stunning as it is challenging. Here is one of the finest, most innovative reads of "Ma Que Nada" ever committed to tape, and her version of Valle's "Samba de Verão" does the composer proud. Also, her beautifully sultry take on Ary Baroso's "Aquarela Do Brasil" is a sleek and sexy party anthem. Likewise, the standards, such as her deeply moving version of Henry Mancini's "Moon River," featuring the glorious harp of Cristina Braga, places the tune in an entirely new context. The contemporary performance of Johnny Mercer's "Shadow of Your Smile" moves the song into another dimension. While Love Dance extended Koorax's reputation to Anglo audiences, Serenade in Blue is no less important.
Review by Thom Jurek

Return to “World Fusion, Ethnic Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”