FileCat premium

Bettye LaVette - LaVette! (2023) [Soul, R&B, Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Bettye LaVette - LaVette! (2023) [Soul, R&B, Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 16 Jun 2023, 12:57

Artist: Bettye LaVette
Album: LaVette!
Genre: Soul, R&B, Blues
Label: Jay-Vee Inc.
Released: 2023
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. See Through Me (feat. Pedrito Martinez)
  2. Don't Get Me Started
  3. Lazy (And I Know It)
  4. Sooner Or Later (feat. Anthony Hamilton, Ray Parker Jr. & Rev. Charles Hodges)
  5. Plan B
  6. Concrete Mind
  7. In the Meantime (feat. John Mayer)
  8. Mess About It (feat. Ray Parker Jr. & Jon Batiste)
  9. Hard To Be A Human
  10. I'm Not Gonna Waste My Love
  11. It's Alright

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

LaVette! hits all the marks. Together with Jay-Vee Records, Bettye has the freedom to explore new territory. Produced by Steve Jordan, LaVette! features 11 songs written by Georgia-born musician Randall Bramblett, who has been releasing solo albums since 1975. “Randall is the best writer that I have heard in the last 30 years,” says Bettye. “He writes songs that are little soliloquies, they’re like little stories about a moment, or a thing.” Bettye is backed by Jordan on drums, Pino Palladino on bass, Larry Campbell on guitar, Leon Pendarvis on keyboards, and Chris Bruce on guitar. Guest artists include: John Mayer, Jon Batiste, Anthony Hamilton, Steve Winwood, Ray Parker Jr., Rev. Charles Hodges, James Carter and Pedrito Martinez, to name a few. Even if you didn’t know the sharp twists and turns of Bettye LaVette’s story, or for that matter, her wide-ranging influences—you can hear the traces of all of it in her voice. “Bettye LaVette is like a combination of Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday and Miles Davis,” says producer Steve Jordan. “When I prepare a band for her, I make sure we have it together. When she joins us, we’re only gonna get one or two takes, because she puts her heart and soul into each performance.”

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”