FileCat premium

Andre Gibson, Universal Togetherness Band - Apart: Demos (1980-1984) (2023) [Soul, R&B, Funk, Disco]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Andre Gibson, Universal Togetherness Band - Apart: Demos (1980-1984) (2023) [Soul, R&B, Funk, Disco]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 18 Jul 2023, 15:56

Artist: Andre Gibson, Universal Togetherness Band
Album: Apart: Demos (1980-1984)
Genre: Soul, R&B, Funk, Disco
Label: Numero Group
Released: 2023
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. All My Pals
  2. Thankful For You
  3. Love Changes Life's Changes
  4. Bring Me
  5. Call Me
  6. Valentine Lover
  7. Don't It Feel Good
  8. I Wanna Take You Away
  9. Stuck On A Thrill
  10. Say I Will
  11. Breakaway
  12. I'm Falling

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Numero collects up more material from Andre Gibson's Universal Togetherness Band on this bumper anthology of demos from 1980-1984.

In 1978, Andre Gibson teamed up with his drummer brother Arnold, bassist Fred Misher and his brother Leslie who played guitar, forming the Universal Togtherness Band, with Andre handling keyboards, vibrophone and vocals. The band recorded dozens of sessions in their early years, playing regularly on Chicago's club scene and opening for Peter Gabriel, but failing to find an audience for their cross-genre blend of funk, jazz, R&B and disco. So while their output was strong, it never saw the light of day until much later. 'Apart: Demos (1980-1984)' follows Numero's 2014 release 'Universal Togetherness Band' and collects up more material the troupe recorded in various studios throughout their city.

And while they might be billed as demos, the songs rounded up here surprisingly finished. Five of the compositions are recorded alongside the full band, while seven are recorded by Andre solo. The full band cuts are predictably expansive, with lush instrumentation and multi-part vocal harmonies ('All My Pals' is just heartbreaking), but it's the solo tracks that have us captured. Tracks like 'Bring Me' and 'Don't It Feel Good' are so oddly produced, with Rhodes piano and just a fingerclick for percussion, they're as comparable to Arthur Russell as they are to Motown.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”