FileCat premium

I Compani - Fellini (2004) [Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

I Compani - Fellini (2004) [Contemporary Jazz]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 22 Jun 2016, 16:49

Artist: I Compani
Album: Fellini
Genre: Contemporary Jazz
Released: 2004
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
01. Tiramisú (Bo van de Graaf) - 5:06
02. Dolce vita suite (Nino Rota) - 11:23
03. Saraghina (Nino Rota) - 3:32
04. In A mitrailleur no.1 (Martin van Duijnhoven) - 1:28
05. XXXXX (Bo van de Graaf) - 5:03
06. Pin Penin (Nino Rota) - 3:04
07. Fellini (Bo van de Graaf) - 1:42
08. Dolce Vita slow (Nino Rota) - 2:07
09. Amore per tutti - Walzer (Nino Rota) - 2:14
10. Il teatrino delle suore (Nino Rota) - 2:24
11. Mia malincionia (Nino Rota) - 5:15
12. Adioos (Pieter Douma) - 3:19
13. La Strada (Nino Rota) - 6:18
14. Milano e Nadia (Nino Rota) - 7:43
15. Dolce vita - latin party (Nino Rota) - 4:00
16. La passarella di addio (Nino Rota) - 4:30

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

The Fellini album by I Compani can be considered as a final statement in the history of this 9 piece ensemble. From the beginning in 1985 I Compani played it's own arrangements of the filmmusic of Nino Rota : the composer who worked with filmmaker Fellini between 1954 and 1979.) I Compani is a Dutch Jazz Ensemble led by saxophonist, composer Bo van de Graaf. In 2003 , 10 years after the death of Fellini, I Compani toured with new Nino Rota arrangements in Holland and Belgium. The group was extended from 7 to 11 musicians. 2 bassplayers : Carel van Rijn acoustic bass and Pieter Douma on bassguitar. 2 keeuboards : Jeroen van Vliet piano & Würlitzer and Hans Hasebos synthesizer and mallets. two drumers: Fred and Martin van Duijnhoven. one trumpet and 2 saxophones and violin. and last but not least the beautiful voice of the young German / Afghan singer Simin Tander. The album was released at the Northsea Jazz Festival 2004. Press and public was very enthousiast about this CD. (the best Dutch Jazz CD of 2004 according to Tom Beetz in the magazine "Jazz")

I Compani has been around since 1985, and its mandate hasn't changed much at all since. The ensemble, formed and still directed by alto and tenor player Bo van de Graaf, devotes itself to the music of Nino Rota, whom film fans will recognize as Federico Fellini's Bernard Hermann. Over the years, van de Graaf and other members of the band have fattened the band's book with original compositions in the style of Rota, but it's Rota's work that still forms the core of I Compani's output. Fellini (IcDisc), a collection of Nota and van de Graaf compositions performed live, marks the band's second decade, and by now this routine is old hat. The band performs Rota's surreal folk music, minor-key ballads and carnival marches with balance and precision, saving the longer solos for van de Graaf's more atmospheric and open-ended pieces. Pieter Douma's electric bass gives the music a slightly funky touch, but the overall mood is respectful. For the curious: Fellini pulls from La Dolce Vita, 8 1/2, La Strada, Juliet of the Spirits, Amarcord and Casanova

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”