FileCat premium

Rick James - Bustin' Out: The Best Of Rick James (1994) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Rick James - Bustin' Out: The Best Of Rick James (1994) [Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 08 Aug 2023, 12:23

Artist: Rick James
Album: Bustin' Out: The Best Of Rick James
Genre: Soul, Funk
Label: UNI - MOTOWN
Released: 1994
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. You And I
  2. Mary Jane
  3. Dream Maker
  4. Bustin' Out
  5. Love Gun
  6. Big Time
  7. Give It To Me Baby
  8. Super Freak
  9. Ghetto Life
  10. Fire And Desire
  11. Standing On The Top (Pt. 1)
  12. Hard To Get (Single Version)
  13. She Blew My Mind (69 Times) (Single Version)
  14. Dance Wit' Me

CD 2:
  15. Teardrops
  16. Cold Blooded
  17. U Bring The Freak Out
  18. Ebony Eyes
  19. 17
  20. Rick James
  21. You Turn Me On
  22. Glow (Single Version)
  23. Moonchild
  24. Divine Love (So Fine)
  25. Serious Love (Spend The Night)
  26. Starship
  27. Down By Law
  28. Medley: You And I

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

In the late '70s and early '80s, Rick James did more than anyone to challenge George Clinton's place on the funk throne. Eventually, his music would turn into a very tired cliché, but at his creative peak, James was among the most exciting and vital artists funk had to offer. Summarizing his Motown output from 1978-1986 and offering four new tracks from 1994 as well, this two-CD anthology reminds you just how great he once was, but it provides evidence of his artistic decline as well. Though some of the songs are mediocre, most are outstanding. Even the most casual funk fans owe it to themselves to savor such rowdy classics as "Super Freak," "You and I," "Love Gun," "Give It to Me Baby," and "Ghetto Life." James was equally superb when it came to soul ballads and anyone who thinks otherwise should give a serious listen to "Fire and Desire" (a stunning duet with Teena Marie), "Dream Maker," and "Ebony Eyes" (which features Smokey Robinson). Sadly, "Cold Blooded" and "17" illustrate how formulaic James' funk often sounded by the mid-'80s. Meanwhile, some of the new material (including an enjoyable remake of Norman Connors' "You Are My Starship") indicated that he had the potential to make a comeback with the right guidance. Boasting many more pluses than minuses, this set is the best place for novices to start.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”