FileCat premium

Allegra Levy - Cities Between Us (2017) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Allegra Levy - Cities Between Us (2017) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 25 Nov 2023, 09:19

Artist: Allegra Levy
Album: Cities Between Us
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: SteepleChase
Released: 2017
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Cherry Blossom Song 06:38
  2. Lullaby of the Orient 05:13
  3. I Shouldn't Tell You 05:24
  4. Misery Makes the Music 04:12
  5. Yesterdays 05:07
  6. Dear Friend 05:14
  7. Sleepwalk with Me (In Sek Tong Tsui) 05:28
  8. Soy Califa 04:37
  9. Leaving Today 08:40
  10. Down Sunday 06:18
  11. Cities Between Us 06:45

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Dreamy and sultry, vocalist Allegra Levy shows a penchant for music ideal for torchlight settings. Levy penetrates the audience's sentimental side on her sophomore release Cities Between Us. Joining Levy along her journey to getting in touch with her emotions are Kirk Knuffke on cornet, Carmen Staaf on piano, Stephen Riley on tenor saxophone, Billy Drummond on drums, and Jay Anderson on upright bass.

The bright and bubbly orchestration of "Cherry Blossom Song" will make audiences think of champagne laden ballrooms, putting them in a cheerful mood. Dimming the sparkle to a torchlight mist, "Lullaby of the Orient" is sparsely adorned in dawdling piano keys as Levy's vocals linger over a past memory. She muses, "Searching in a foreign place / For that one familiar face / But you're so far away / Back where it's yesterday."

As though transported into the cabarets of the 1950's, Levy treats "I Shouldn't Tell You" with sensitivity and a genuine regard for the lyrics as she confesses, "You shouldn't know it's hard to leave you / I keep on wishing that you'll stay / I hope I never have to be without you / I can't be coy and keep my cares at bay." Levy has a narrative voicing that gives the tracks a personal touch, as though she experienced the emotions conveyed in the lyrics first-hand.

The tapping beats of the rhythm section along "Yesterdays" infuse a bebop shade into the bluesy melody, supporting Levy's spontaneous spurts of scat. The melodic nuances of Levy's vocals in "Dear Friend" are relatable to the coquettish quality of 2000's pop ingenue Regina Spektor. Conversely, the dreamy texture of Levy's vocals lulls the listener into a tranquil mindset along "Sleepwalk with Me," showing a reverence for the romantic soul. She implores, "I hope you're looking at the moon / The same stars that I see too / And you cannot bear to sleep / Without hearing my heartbeat."

Levy's lyrics articulate human emotions, giving words to the intangible pining that comes from loving someone who is gone. The torchlight atmospheres and bubbly ballroom vibes are a backdrop for her words that are the crux of the melodies. The pairing is compatible and magnetizes audiences to the music.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”