FileCat premium

Andre Previn & David Finck - We Got Rhythm: A Gershwin Songbook (1998) [Cool Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Andre Previn & David Finck - We Got Rhythm: A Gershwin Songbook (1998) [Cool Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 09 Dec 2023, 07:57

Artist: Andre Previn & David Finck
Album: We Got Rhythm: A Gershwin Songbook
Genre: Cool Jazz
Label: Deutsche Grammophon
Released: 1998
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. They All Laughed (Gershwin) - 3:19
  2. Someone to Watch over Me (Gershwin) - 5:03
  3. Oh, Lady Be Good! (Gershwin) - 4:21
  4. A Foggy Day (Gershwin) - 5:51
  5. Soon/Do It Again! (Gershwin) - 5:37
  6. I Got Rhythm (Gershwin) - 5:15
  7. Embraceable You (Gershwin) - 4:57
  8. He Loves and She Loves/Love Is Here to Stay (Gershwin) - 6:55
  9. Fascinating Rhythm (Gershwin) - 3:35
  10. Isn't It a Pity? (Gershwin) - 4:44
  11. Boy! What Love Has Done to Me!/I've Got a Crush on You (Gershwin) - 4:32
  12. Love Walked In (Gershwin) - 6:05
  13. The Man I Love (Gershwin) - 5:27
  14. 'S Wonderful (Gershwin) - 6:23

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

André Previn moves seamlessly from the world of classical music to jazz and film, but on this occasion, the pianist covers 14 gems from the vast repertoire of George Gershwin. Well accompanied by bassist David Finck, Previn faces the same challenge every jazz musician must address: finding new paths through Gershwin's frequently recorded masterpieces. Previn uses a train-like bassline substitution to open and close a rollicking take of "They All Laughed," while the pianist is more laid-back in the bluesy treatment of "Oh, Lady Be Good" to better feature Finck initially. Previn's modification of "I Got Rhythm" provides some added dissonance. The haunting setting of the ballad "The Man I Love" suggests an added degree of melancholy. While this session was released on a classical label, Deutsche Grammophon, something that always seems to confuse record-label marketing departments, music store personnel, and consumers as well, it is very much a jazz date and a fine effort by André Previn and David Finck.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”