FileCat premium

Ella Fitzgerald & Joe Pass - Hamburg Duets 1976 (2008) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Ella Fitzgerald & Joe Pass - Hamburg Duets 1976 (2008) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 02 Jan 2024, 02:52

Artist: Ella Fitzgerald & Joe Pass
Album: Hamburg Duets 1976
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Gambit Records
Released: 2008
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Them There Eyes (Pinkar-Tauber-Tracey) - 2:18
  2. Feelings (first version) (Albert) - 5:02
  3. Feelings (second version) (Albert) - 4:37
  4. One Note Samba (Jobim) - 7:56
  5. The One I Love (Belongs to Somebody Else) (Jones-Kahn) - 3:22
  6. I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues (Ellington-George) - 5:00
  7. My Old Flame (Johnston-Coslow) - 6:10
  8. Tennessee Waltz (King-Stewart) - 4:25
  9. Little Girl Blue (Rodgers-Hart) - 3:39
  10. Perdido (Tizol-Ellington) - 7:16

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Ella Fitzgerald and Joe Pass recorded a number of studio sessions for Pablo during the 1970s, though never a live recording. This session was radio broadcast in Hamburg. Fitzgerald shows a little wear on her voice, as her vibrato on held notes is more noticeable, yet she still is a masterful vocalist. Pass is superb as an accompanist, always providing perfect support and delivering top-notch solos as well. The program is typical of the singer's wide-ranging taste, including standards, jazz classics, and modern pop, though the latter includes two lackluster takes of Morris Albert's ridiculous ballad "Feelings," the universally despised (at least by jazz fans and people with any musical taste) song is repeated by Fitzgerald because she evidently wasn't satisfied with her first rendition. Of course, the obvious highlights include the delightful scat treatment of "One Note Samba" and a rousing, extended "Perdido" that closes the concert.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”