FileCat premium

Dyke & The Blazers - Dyke's Greatest Hits - The Complete Singles (1967) [Soul, Funk, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Dyke & The Blazers - Dyke's Greatest Hits - The Complete Singles (1967) [Soul, Funk, R&B]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 10 Jan 2024, 13:30

Artist: Dyke & The Blazers
Album: Dyke's Greatest Hits - The Complete Singles
Genre: Soul, Funk, R&B
Label: The Bicycle Music Company
Released: 1967
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Funky Broadway Part 1
  2. Funky Broadway Part 2
  3. So Sharp
  4. Don't Bug Me
  5. Funky Walk Part 1 (East)
  6. Funky Walk Part 2 (West)
  7. Funky Bull Part 1
  8. Funky Bull Part 2
  9. We Got More Soul
  10. Shotgun Slim
  11. Let A Woman Be A Woman - Let A Man Be A Man
  12. Uhh (45 Edit)
  13. You Are My Sunshine
  14. City Dump
  15. My Sisters' And My Brothers' Day Is Comin'
  16. Runaway People
  17. I'm So All Alone
  18. Stuff
  19. The Wobble

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

If you like your funk, lowdown and gut bucket, pick up on Dyke's Greatest Hits, performed by Dyke & the Blazers. Lead vocals are by Dyke in his hoarse amateurish, untrained, not really ready for prime time, voice. Every jamm is bottom heavy, and was probably recorded in one or two takes. I can't see Dyke slaving away in the studio. Despite the shortcomings, the cuts have an earthy charm. R&B Jocks played "We Got More Soul" to death; a significant song in the Black Movement era. "Let a Woman Be a Woman (And a Man Be a Man)" had a strong anti same sex loving message. His "My Sisters and My Brothers," is yet another example of Dyke's social consciousness, which always played second fiddle to the funky tracks. His monster "Funky Broadway" was a precursor to the stankin', robotic beats of Parliarment/Funkadelic and the other funk banks that exploded in the 70's.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”