FileCat premium

Glenn Miller - Chattanooga Choo Choo (The #1 Hits) (1991) [Big Band, Swing]; APE (tracks+.cue)

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Glenn Miller - Chattanooga Choo Choo (The #1 Hits) (1991) [Big Band, Swing]; APE (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 15 Jan 2024, 16:24

Artist: Glenn Miller
Album: Chattanooga Choo Choo (The #1 Hits)
Genre: Big Band, Swing
Label: RCA, Bluebird
Released: 1991
Quality: APE (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Wishing (Will Make It So)
  2. Stairway to the Stars
  3. Moon Love
  4. Over the Rainbow
  5. The Man with the Mandolin
  6. Blue Orchids
  7. In the Mood
  8. Careless
  9. Tuxedo Junction
  10. When You Wish Upon a Star
  11. The Woodpecker
  12. Imagination
  13. Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear to Tread)
  14. Blueberry Hill
  15. Song of the Volga Boatmen
  16. You and I
  17. Chattanooga Choo Choo
  18. Elmer's Tune
  19. A String of Pearls
  20. Moonlight Cocktail
  21. Don't Sit under the Apple Tree (with Anyone Else But Me)
  22. I've Got a Gal in Kalamazoo
  23. That Old Black Magic

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Once there was a time when Benny Goodman was the "King of Swing" and Glenn Miller was the "King of Sweet." And though it was a time when the country had been through a decade-long economic depression and was preparing to enter a world war, the music was wonderfully upbeat, positive and ultimately life-affirming. Chattanooga Choo Choo: The #1 Hits, released to commemorate the 50th anniversary of its title track, collects the Glenn Miller Orchestra's chart-toppers, all 23 of them, in chronological order. Beginning with the 1939 ballad "Wishing (Will Make It So)," and ending with "That Old Black Magic," which hit the top spot four years later, this disc makes many memorable stops along the way. Miller classics like "In the Mood," which held the number one position for 12 weeks, "Tuxedo Junction," "A String of Pearls," "I've Got a Gal in Kalamazoo," "Moonlight Cocktail," and of course "Chattanooga Choo Choo," are here to be heard in all their timeless glory. The latter was the first record to be formally certified as a million seller, for which RCA Victor presented Miller with the first gold record in 1941. As with most "hit" collections, some of the tracks are silly or downright maudlin, and many of the band's well-known tunes didn't reach the top of the charts. Nonetheless, the Miller band had more than its share of excellence during its run, and this disc is a worthy sampler of the band's popular work. The consistently fine musicianship and unmistakable arrangements still retain their magic.
Review by Jim Newsom

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”