FileCat premium

Lenny Williams - Chill (2024) [Funk, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

Lenny Williams - Chill (2024) [Funk, Soul]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 01 Mar 2024, 13:53

Artist: Lenny Williams
Album: Chill
Genre: Funk, Soul
Label: Omnivore Recordings
Released: 2024
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Chill
  2. Baby, You Caught My Eye
  3. Sara Smile
  4. Driftin'
  5. Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
  6. It Could Have Been You
  7. Has Anybody Seen My Heart
  8. Baby Take It Off
  9. No One's Ever Loved Me
  10. Sentimental
  11. I Do
  12. There's No Hiding Place

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

1994 release from the lead singer of Tower Of Power and lead vocalist on Kenny G’s “Don’t Make Me Wait For Love” (#15 Pop) from the 5X Platinum Duotones. Available on CD for the first time in over 30 years. Remastered with updated artwork featuring liner notes from Kevin L. Goins.

Vocalist Lenny Williams joined Tower Of Power in 1972 after releasing singles as a solo artist on Fantasy, Galaxy, and Atco Records. His first release with the band was their self-titled, third album, which went Gold. After two albums with the group, Williams returned to his solo career - releasing albums in through the end of the 1970s on Warner Bros., Motown, ABC and MCA Records. Material from those albums became a hotbed for sampling decades later by Kanye West, Mobb Deep, Scarface, Young Jeezy, and others. In 1986, Williams was recruited to sing lead vocals on a track by jazz artist Kenny G. The track, “Don’t Make Me Wait For Love,” hit #15 on the Pop charts, and the album, Duotones, went on to sell over five million copies in the US. Lenny would reconnect with Duotones Producer Preston Glass (Stacy Lattisaw and Johnny Gill, Jermaine Stewart, George Benson, Earth, Wind & Fire, Stanley Jordan) in 1994 for a new album—Chill. The album contains originals from Williams, Glass, and other Duotones contributors, as well as covers of hits by Daryl Hall and John Oates (“Sara Smile”) and McFadden and Whitehead (“Ain’t No Stopppin’ Us Now”). Chill returns after being out of print on CD for 30 years. Featuring fresh remastering and updated artwork including new liner notes from Producer and journalist Kevin L. Goins, there has never been a better time to just Chill.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”