FileCat premium

VA - Sam Records: The Sound of New York City 1975-1983 (2024) [Disco, Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
CountryBlues

VA - Sam Records: The Sound of New York City 1975-1983 (2024) [Disco, Soul, Funk]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby CountryBlues » 01 Mar 2024, 13:59

Artist: Various Artists
Album: Sam Records: The Sound of New York City 1975-1983
Genre: Disco, Soul, Funk
Label: Edsel
Released: 2024
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Doris Duke - Woman of the Ghetto (Original Uk 12" Mix)
  2. Gary's Gang - Keep on Dancin'
  3. Komiko - Feel Alright
  4. Glen Adams Affair - Just a Groove
  5. Rhyze - Do Your Dance (Jim Burgess Mix)
  6. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Bourgie Bourgie (Special Disco Version)
  7. Mike Sutton - Any Way You Want My Love
  8. Sound Troupe - Can You Really See Me
  9. Wardell Piper - Come on Back to Mama
  10. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - I Can't Stop
  11. Steve Shelto - Don't Give Your Love Away (Shep Pettibone Mix)
  12. Scandal - Love Either Grows or Goes
  13. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Love Magic (Special Disco Version)
  14. Rhyze - I Found Love in You
  15. Kreamcicle - Hold On (John 'Jellybean' Benitez Mix)
  16. Lucy Hawkins - Gotta Get Outta Here
  17. Scandal - Just Let Me Dance (Jim Burgess Mix)
  18. K.I.D - Don't Stop

CD 2:
  19. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Night & Day (Disco Version)
  20. Rhyze - Just How Sweet Is Your Love
  21. The Evasions - The Wikka Wrap (Jonathan Fearing Edit)
  22. Monica Neal - Begging for More
  23. The Underground - Behind My Back
  24. Mike Sutton - We'll Make It
  25. Greg Henderson - Dreamin'
  26. K.I.D - Hupendi Muziki Wangu?! (You Don't Like My Music) (Jonathan Fearing Mix)
  27. Convertion - Let's Do It
  28. David Mc Pherson - You Can't Stop! (Shep Pettibone Mix)
  29. Klassique - Somebody's Loving You (Ray Reid Mix)
  30. B.B.C.S.&A. - Rock Shock
  31. Gary's Gang - Let's Lovedance Tonight (Special Disco Version)
  32. Vicky "D" - This Beat Is Mine
  33. Rhyze - Free (Jim Burgess Mix)
  34. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Kojak Theme (12" Mix)
  35. Mike And Brenda Sutton - Don't Let Go of Me (Grip My Hips and Move Me) (Shep Pettibone Mix)
  36. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Up Jumped the Devil

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This is the story of the one the great disco labels, a legendary label who were at the forefront of a genre during it fruition and creative peak. Sam Weiss started SAM Records in Long Island City, New York in 1975. Sam, and his brother Hy, were born in Romania before moving to the Bronx in New York City when they were young. Sam and his brother were no strangers to the music business having been in the industry since the mid-50s running labels Old Town and Parody Records. During the mid-1970s Disco took New York by storm and emerged into a revolutionary musical force that re-shaped the face of the City. It was however a genre major labels largely ignored initially. It was the smaller, independent labels that led the way in disco's early years. Founded in 1974, Salsoul was the first. Sam's label SAM Records arrived a year later, followed by West End and Prelude in 1976: four labels from which umpteen disco classics emerged. This compilation compiles all of the classic material that SAM release during the years 1975 and 1983. Kicking off with Doris Dukes' Woman of The Ghetto, this compilation offers a treasure trove of disco/boogie music with tracks from Gary's Gang, John Davis & The Monster Orchestra, Komiko, Rhyze, Convertion, Vicky "D", Greg Henderson alongside deeper cuts by Lucy Hawkins, Mike and Brenda Sutton, B.B.C.S & A, K.I.D, Kreamcicle, Sound Troupe, David MC Pherson and many more. The audio used here has been sourced from the SAM archives and in many cases the mixes are appearing in their truest 12-inch form. The set is complete with extensive liner notes by The Guardian's chief music critic and disco authority Alexis Petridis. SAM Records has forever left it's footprint on the Disco and music history, and this compilation is an essential addition to anyone's collection.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”