FileCat premium

Dave Pell - Four Classic Albums (2013) [Cool Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Dave Pell - Four Classic Albums (2013) [Cool Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 10 Mar 2024, 06:12

Artist: Dave Pell
Album: Four Classic Albums
Genre: Cool Jazz
Label: Avid Jazz
Released: 2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
    Jazz & Romantic Places (1955)
  1. How Are Things in Glocca Morra? (2:59)
  2. On a Slow Boat to China (3:24)
  3. Memphis in June (4:10)
  4. Paris in the Spring (3:43)
  5. London in July (3:28)
  6. Isle of Capri (2:50)
  7. The White Cliffs of Dover (3:01)
  8. Sunday in Savannah (3:58)
  9. Deep in the Heart of Texas (2:58)
  10. Shuffle Off to Buffalo (2:58)
  11. New Orleans (4:30)
  12. Flying Down to Rio (2:37)
    Jazz Goes Dancing (1956)
  13. Look Who's Dancing (3:20)
  14. East of the Sun (3:06)
  15. You (2:54)
  16. Young & Healthy (3:24)
  17. The Continental (2:38)
  18. Dance for Daddy (2:46)
  19. When I Take My Sugar to Tea (3:03)
  20. If I Had You (2:46)
  21. Cheek to Cheek (2:56)
  22. Let's Face the Music and Dance (3:11)
  23. Prom to Prom (2:58)
  24. Walkin' My Baby Back Home (3:01)

CD 2:
    I Had the Craziest Dream (1957)
  1. I Had the Craziest Dream (2:54)
  2. The Way You Look Tonight (2:23)
  3. Nap's Dream (5:14)
  4. Time After Time (3:14)
  5. My Heart Belongs to Daddy (2:45)
  6. Jazz Wagner (3:29)
  7. On the Good Ship Lollypop (2:10)
  8. Crescendo Date (3:49)
  9. People in Love (2:42)
  10. Star Eyes (2:57)
    A Pell of a Time (1957)
  11. Jazz Goes to Siwash (4:33)
  12. Suze Blues (3:07)
  13. Grey Flannel (6:43)
  14. Angel Eyes (5:39)
  15. G Tune (2:43)
  16. Sandy Shoes (5:19)
  17. Cameo (4:12)
  18. Love Me or Leave Me (7:15)
  19. Them There Eyes (5:21)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

AVID Jazz here presents four classic Dave Pell albums including original LP liner notes on a finely re-mastered and low priced double CD.
The subject may be “Jazz and Romantic Places” and the locations may range from Paris to Rio but the jazz is strictly West Coast and Cool! Dave Pell on tenor sax is joined by the cream of jazz players from the Les Brown band with whom Pell had played for many years. The band having found time between their lucrative “day job” on the Bob Hope TV show to join their old band mate for the trip! For “Jazz Goes Dancing” Dave Pell writes in the original sleeve notes that for this project he was determined to create a jazz album to dance to, just like in the old dance band days. The swing was away from the clubs and concert stages and back to the dance halls, colleges and proms where Pell’s band were making an enjoyable and lucrative living! Pell’s octet here includes three members of the Les Brown band, Pell himself on tenor, Dan Fagerquist on trumpet and Ray Sims on trombone., while the other members included Tony Rizzi on guitar from the Lena Horne TV Show and Bob Barnes on bass from the original Dave Brubeck Quartet. What a line up!! The Dave Pell Quartet with the following arrangers-Marty Paich, Shorty Rogers, Bob Holman, Andre Previn, Jack Montrose and Wes Hensel. It’s no wonder that “I Had the Craziest Dream” the Octet’s album most steeped in the original jazz tradition became one of Dave Pell’s most popular albums and one he would get requests both for the arrangements and the playing some forty years after release! “A Pell of a Time” finds Dave Pell getting a little more serious about his jazz! As he writes in the original sleeve notes up till then his style of jazz playing had been dance and fun orientated, tightly arranged , relatively short numbers and with little room for traditional jazz improvisation. For this album he decided to get top arrangers Marty Paich, Bill Holman, Paul Moer and Jack Montrose to loosen up a little and give the Octet room to get “funky” and blow! Joining regulars were some new faces in Jack Sheldon on trumpet and Pepper Adams on baritone sax. Dave Pell’s final comments in the original sleeve notes best some up his style and philosophy to playing jazz! “it’s been fun all the way, and that’s how it should be to listen to”!
All four albums plus have been digitally re-mastered.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”