FileCat premium

Dave McKenna & Gray Sargent - Recorded Live at Maybeck Recital Hall (1993) [Swing, Stride, Piano Jazz]; FLAC

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Dave McKenna & Gray Sargent - Recorded Live at Maybeck Recital Hall (1993) [Swing, Stride, Piano Jazz]; FLAC

Unread postby Mike1985 » 17 Apr 2024, 12:08

Artist: Dave McKenna & Gray Sargent
Album: Recorded Live at Maybeck Recital Hall
Genre: Swing, Stride, Piano Jazz
Label: Concord Jazz
Released: 1993
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. The Sheik of Araby (Smith-Wheeler-Snyder) - 6:58
  2. Girl of My Dreams (Clapp) - 7:04
  3. Red Woods in the Sunset (Sargent) - 7:21
  4. "Letter" Medley: I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter (Young-Ahlert)/Love Letters (Heyman-Young) - 13:34
  5. Blue and Sentimental (Basie-Livingston-David) - 6:32
  6. 'Deed I Do (Rose-Hirsch) - 7:00
  7. "Time" Medley: Time After Time (Cahn-Styne)/Time on My Hands (Adamson-Gordon-Youmans) - 8:56
  8. Exactly Like You (McHugh-Fields) - 7:08

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Pianist Dave McKenna and guitarist Gray Sargent had been playing together on an occasional basis for over a dozen years in the New England area at the time of this Maybeck Recital Hall duo concert. So it is not surprising that the communication is quite strong between the two talented players as they romp on a variety of standards (including "The Sheik of Araby," "Deed I Do," and "Exactly Like You," plus "Letter," and "Time Medleys") in addition to a swinging Sargent original ("Red Woods in the Sunset"). The guitarist's frequent song quotes are amusing, and McKenna's powerful basslines really push the group; this combination works quite well.
Review by Scott Yanow

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”