FileCat premium

Bootsy Collins - Tha Funk Capital Of The World (2011) [Soul, Funk, P-Funk]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Bootsy Collins - Tha Funk Capital Of The World (2011) [Soul, Funk, P-Funk]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 21 Jul 2016, 09:07

Artist: Bootsy Collins
Album: Tha Funk Capital Of The World
Genre: Soul, Funk, P-Funk
Label: Mascot Records
Released: 2011
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Spreading Hope Like Dope (Intro)
  2. Hip Hop @ Funk U
  3. Mirror Tell Lies
  4. JB-Still The Man
  5. Freedumb (when-love-becomes-a-threat)
  6. After these Messages
  7. Kool Whip
  8. The Real Deal
  9. Don't Take my Funk
  10. If Looks Could Kill
  11. Minds under Construction
  12. Siento Bombo
  13. The Jazz Greats (A Tribute to Jazz)
  14. Garry Shider Tribute
  15. Stars Have No Names (they just shine)
  16. Chocolate Carmel Angel
  17. Yummy, I Got The Munchies

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Thinking big, Bootsy Collins’ 2011 effort is a conceptual trip, a funky history lesson brought to life by the P-Funk veteran, his rock-solid band, and a slew of guest stars, ranging from rapper Ice Cube to professor Cornel West. In between, there’s funk-rock shredding from freaky and frequent collaborator Buckethead, some psychedelic storytelling by way of an old Jimi Hendrix interview, plus better-than-expected prose from both Rev. Al Sharpton (on the cultural magnificence of James Brown) and Samuel L. Jackson (on how the funk era was a Renaissance for the hood). Underneath it all, the P-Funk jams pop and stroll with that same old swagger, while Bootsy himself beams down his wild bits of Mothership wisdom, including “It’s recess time, so put a smile on your mind” (“Don't Take My Funk”) and “If you wanna lead the orchestra, you’re gonna have to turn your back to the crowd” (“Siento Bombo”). The album is a bit too fat to be considered classic, but there’s a casual charm to this free-flowing, reminiscence party which could have just as easily been an elaborate mess. A tribute to the late P-Funk guitarist Garry Shider and an appearance from Bootsy’s older brother Catfish Collins -- who died before the album saw release -- add poignancy to this rich and funky success.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”