Artist: Fania All Stars
Album: Lo Que Pide La Gente
Genre: Latin Jazz, Salsa
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
- Por Eso Yo Canto Salsa (8:22)
- Lo Que Pide La Gente (9:15)
- El Rey De La Puntualidad (6:43)
- Usando El Coco (7:03)
- La Tierra No Es Pa' La Guerra (5:23)
DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>
- Bass - Jose Gazmey
- Bongos - Roberto Roena
- Congas - Eddie Montalvo, Milton Cardona
- Maracas - Hector Casanova
- Piano - Papo Lucca
- Timbales - Nicky Marrero
- Trombone - Leopoldo Pineda, Lewis Kahn, Reinaldo Jorge
- Trumpet - Hector "Bomberito" Zarzuela, Juancito Torres, Tony Barrero
By the time this album was originally released on LP in 1984, the golden era of Salsa was long over and Cumbia and Merengue had become all the rage. While the Fania Records label was no longer the most important or most influential Salsa label it was still releasing new music regularly and this Fania All Stars album was a very good album that proved that both the label and its legendary house band still had plenty to offer.
The album kicks off with the stunning "Por Eso Yo Canto Salsa"--a showcase for singers like Celia Cruz, Ismael Quintana, Pete "Conde" Rodriguez, Ismael Miranda and Adalberto Santiago (among others) to showcase their venerable improvisational skills as Salsa singers-- and it is clearly one of the album's key cuts. The Hector Lavoe-sung "El Rey De La Puntualidad" was the album's big hit while "Usando El Coco" is a showcase tune for Celia Cruz.
'Lo Que Pida La Gente' is not an all-time classic album but it was one of 1984's most popular and most well-received Salsa albums.