Artist: Ethan Iverson Trio
Album: Deconstruction Zone (Standards)
Genre: Post-Bop / Contemporary Jazz
Label: Fresh Sound New Talent
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
- I'm Getting Sentimental over You (Bassman, Washington) (6:02)
- The Song Is You (Hammerstein, Kern) (7:15)
- This Nearly Was Mine (Hammerstein, Rodgers) (5:43)
- All of Me (Marks, Simons) (3:30)
- I'll Remember April (DePaul, Johnston, Raye) (6:33)
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (Harbach, Kern) (6:24)
- Have You Met Miss Jones? (Hart, Rodgers) (7:01)
To download faster without limits and to support jazznblues.club -
buy a premium account on Alfafile through our files via VISA/Master Card.
Thank to everyone, who supports us - we wouldn't be able to have this site without you!
- Ethan Iverson - piano
- Reid Anderson - bass
- Jorge Rossy - drums
This exhilarating set of standards was conceived as a companion piece to Iverson'sConstruction Zone (Originals) and was recorded during the same two-day session. Revealing their roots in jazz tradition, pianist Iverson and his trio mates Reid Anderson (bass) andJorge Rossy (drums) bring wit and wisdom to great old songs such as "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You," "The Song Is You," and "I'll Remember April." Other highlights include a powerful solo piano rendition of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," a moving version of the seldom-heard "This Nearly Was Mine" (from the show South Pacific), and rhythmically bizarre reworkings of "All of Me" and "Have You Met Miss Jones." Anderson gets far more solo room this time around, which is a considerable bonus.
by David R. Adler