Artist: Charles Williams
Genre: Jazz-Funk, Smooth Jazz
Label: Mainstream/P-Vine Records
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
01. Who Is He (And What Is He to You) (Withers-McKenny) - 3:37
02. People Make the World Go 'Round (Bell-Creed) - 3:32
03. Where Is the Love (McDonald-Salter) - 2:51
04. Iron Jaws (Wilkins) - 6:49
05. Drown in My Own Tears (Glover) - 5:05
06. Ain't No Blues (Williams-Pullen) - 4:26
07. Just Before Day (Dean) - 8:37
08. Willow Weep for Me (Ronell) - 6:34
To download faster without limits and to support jazznblues.club -
buy a premium account on Alfafile through our files via VISA/Master Card.
Thank to everyone, who supports us - we wouldn't be able to have this site without you!
Full-on funky backings for saxophonist Charles Williams – a set that almost has him in the same territory as Stanley Turrentine during his late 70s years on Fantasy Records, or Hank Crawford over at Kudu! The style here is a bit more lush than some of the other Mainstream Records dates of the time – full backings arranged and conducted by Ernie Wilkins – always plenty darn soulful, and built around a mix of strings and jazzier instrumentation – set up with the care and precision of a hip soul soundtrack, and topped by well-crafted alto sax solos by Williams.